(This is originally a Facebook note that I had written 4 months ago. )
My dear motorists of Pune:
While riding this 6 KMs from office to home today, I felt an urge to remind you some driving tips, in case if you have forgotten those. Here you go:
- The red light in a signal means you are supposed to stop there.
- Honking does not turn that red light into green. I’ll move ONLY when it turns green.
- The “One way” sign on the side of the road means only one directional traffic is allowed on that road.
- I understand that it’s your right to drive on the road, so is mine!
- If you want to enjoy that fight, get OFF the road and stop. Not in the middle of the freaking road!
- While crossing a signal, I do NOT expect you to enter to the road, which clearly reads “No Entry.” So don’t give me that stare.
Related read: You know you are in Pune when…